Lithium Batteries for Ground Support Equipment
Lithium SAFEFlex batteries for Ground Support Equipment are a drop-in solution for nearly all electric vehicles. Regardless of the vehicle type – towbarless tug, conventional aircraft tractor, belt loaders, or baggage tractors – lithium batteries will provide consistent power with minimal energy waste. Lithium SAFEFlex lowers C02 emissions in comparison to fuel-powered equipment. With environmental regulations on equipment C02 emissions tightening for the airline industry over recent years, many ground support companies are evaluating Lithium SAFEFlex to reduce their carbon footprint. Additionally, lithium battery-powered equipment improves air quality for ground support staff – especially in tight spaces such as bag rooms.
Lithium SAFEFlex is the integration of Lithium Iron Phosphate cells, electronics, packaging and a software platform that was designed specifically for the harsh environmental conditions experienced on airfields. The advanced mechanical packaging protects the battery from the heaviest rainstorms and coldest northern nights. The rugged automotive-grade Battery Management System (BMS) makes Lithium SAFEFlex the most reliable lithium battery for the aviation industry. Additionally, our CANBus interface provides precise and accurate information about the battery state so the vehicle delivers optimal performance based on the battery’s state-of-charge.
Features of Lithium SAFEFlex
- Watertight Enclosures – Battery internals are protected from the wettest environmental conditions with Ingress Protection (IP) rating of IP 65.
- Wide Temperature Range – Designed to support operation in temperatures ranging from -20 to +50 Celsius.
- Integrated Heating – Internal heating ensures the battery can deliver immediate power when the temperature drop below -20 Celsius.
- Advanced Dual CANbus Ports – Dual ports support different vehicle manufacturers and models, as well concurrent charging.
- Multiple Voltages – 48/80/96 Volts up to 1200 Ahr.
- Flexible Controls – Operates a wide selection of relays and contactors, multiple programmable I/O’s, rollover/crash sensors and programmable logics controllers.
- Lithium Iron Phosphate Chemistry – Uses a variant of lithium-ion chemistry that delivers exceptional cycle life and power delivery.
- Efficient Software Tools – Integrated WiFi transceivers enable IoT reporting to Web-based software that enables better battery and fleet performance.
Multi-Voltage Battery Upgrade for Lithium SAFEFlex
Green Cubes patent-pending multi-voltage battery option completes a full charge in less than one hour to maximize your operating efficiency. With a patent-pending power switching fabric, a 36V battery can be charged with 72 Volt charger, but still discharge at 48 Volts when powering the truck. This reduces the charge time by 50%. As an example, a 48V 600Ah, 24-85-21 equivalent battery can be fully charged in much less than an hour. The multi-voltage battery option is available in 24 Volt (24/48), 36 Volt (36/72) and 48 Volt (48/96) battery configurations. In addition to our standard customizable features found in the Lithium SAFEFlex line, the multi-voltage battery utilizes the existing single connector 4/0 cabling which delivers cost efficiencies and minimizes the chance of cable damage over traditional packs. This battery can meet the demands of heavy, three shift operators who need to maximize every available minute. The multi-voltage battery is designed to withstand the most demanding applications and increase your team’s overall productivity.
Custom OEM Batteries for Ground Support Equipment
In addition to the existing Lithium SAFEFlex batteries, Green Cubes offers custom OEM batteries to manufacturers of Ground Support Equipment. Green Cubes can design and manufacture custom batteries to meet OEM’s exacting requirements. Features supported with our custom batteries for Ground Support Equipment OEM’s include batteries with an Ingress Protection (IP) rating of IP 65, support for temperature ranges from -20 to +50 Celsius, integrated heating elements to ensure battery performance when temperatures drop below -20 Celsius and power levels up to 100 kWH.